Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wantworthy Wednesday: Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

One perk of being obsessed with the beauty industry is that you are always aware of the best products on the market, one downfall of being obsessed with the beauty industry is that you are always aware of the best products on the market -- it's a catch 22.  While there are countless dupes for those lust-worthy products, sometimes there isn't a comparable subsititution for the real thing which can be frustrating.

One of the products I have been dying to get my hands on is the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm, mainly because Caroline Hirons raves about it and she is THE skincare authority in my (and most other beauty bloggers') opinion.  Unfortunately, it is a little more difficult to get ahold of in the US, and if you can find it, it is a whopping $55.36 for 3.4 oz of product.  Though I was ready to take the plunge and order it online, I was hoping that there would be a more accessible, and possibly cheaper, alternative to this cult product.

Well, my beauty prayers have been answered!  I recently saw a fellow blogger named Michelle (beautylifemichelle.blogspot.com.au) talk about a new Clinique cleansing balm on her Instagram that had been approved by Caroline Hirons.  WHAT?!  I was immediately intrigued.  So I immediately went to Caroline Hirons' instagram and found her original post about the product where she said:
"I think I'm in love.  Far be it from me to speak too soon but: fragrance free, mineral oil free, doesn't emulsify into a milk that stings the eyes, takes all eye MU off, washes clean with facecloth.  It might be genius.  No fluff, no stupid claims - just literally takes the day off.  Well whatddya know."
I did a little more research and the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm  is $28.50 for 3.8 oz of product, which is considerably less for slightly more product (compared to the Emma Hardie one).  I'm not saying this is by any means meant to be compared to the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm as far as the actual product is concerned, but if you are looking for a cleansing balm then the Clinique one is slightly more accessible and slightly less expensive.

Now, some of you may be wondering why I am hammering on about a cleansing balm.  Why use a balm as opposed to a typical foaming cleanser or cleansing water?  Caroline Hirons, who I defer to in all skincare matters, talks about how it is her preferred method of cleansing because it forces you to use water when cleaning your face and is excellent at removing every trace of makeup and dirt at the end of the day, as well as massaging your skin while cleansing.  A cleansing water (such as Bioderma) is not particularly good for your skin, and doesn't really remove everything from your face.  She also discusses how foaming cleansers are TERRIBLE for your skin and can severely dry out your skin.  Obviously I am not an expert in skincare, but she is, so if you care to check out her blog I URGE you to -- she has changed my outlook on skincare completely.

I am more than excited to try this product and will definitely keep you all posted. If anyone has any thoughts on it please comment down below and a huge thank you to Michelle of beautylifemichelle for instagramming a picture of this product!  If it wasn't 5:15 a.m. here in Alabama I would already be at the Clinique counter, but I guess I will have to wait until 10 o'clock.  Oh, the struggles in the life of a beauty addict!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention girl! I used it just now before bed for the first time and.............OH MY GOD. I'm in love !
    Great post!x

    ReplyDelete