Thursday, July 11, 2013

British Invasion! Rimmel Lip Lacquers Have Arrived!

For months I have been drooling over the gorgeous swatches and YouTube videos featuring the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers from our friends across the pond, hoping that I too could one day get my hands on them in the US.  Alas! The day has come!  The minute I saw a drugstore haul video on YouTube featuring the new Rimmel lip products (called the Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquers in the states) I bolted out the door and headed for my local Walgreens.  If i'm being honest, I actually headed to three of my local Walgreens in search of these lust-worthy liquid lipsticks.

Just as my hope was dwindling, assuming that Tuscaloosa, Alabama had not yet had the pleasure of receiving these galactic lip products, I walked into the third Walgreens and there they were.  All 14 colors sitting neatly on a shelf at the front of the store, awaiting my greedy hands and colorless lips.  Though I was tempted to buy every single one, I ended up leaving with only four -- Luna, Nova, Stellar, and Big Bang.

The pigmentation of these lip lacquers is INCREDIBLE.  One swipe and you're good to go.  But, don't be fooled by its lipgloss-like appearance -- these vials of lip quenching joy cannot be applied without a mirror because they are so intensely pigmented.  I made that mistake when I left the drugstore as I slapped it on my lips without looking (obviously overeager about my new purchase) and I ended up looking more like a clown than a beauty enthusiast.

Here are the swatches of all four colors.  (Top to bottom: Big Bang,  Stellar, Nova, and Luna)

Another positive note to add to this already glowing review is how practical the applicator is.  This is not your typical doe-foot applicator, it is as if the YSL Glossy Stain applicator and a standard lipgloss applicator had a baby -- a wonderfully useful baby.  There is a substantial dip in the applicator, which collects the perfect amount of product so you don't have to keep returning to the tube for more color.  Genius!

It is safe to say that I am a huge fan of the Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquers and I look forward to trying the rest of the colors.  And yes, when I say the rest I am not exaggerating.  When you really like something you want more right?  AT&T commercial anyone?  

Thank you for reading this post (especially if you have managed to wade through my rambling all the way to this sentence) and I will see you all again shortly! 

+Taylor Rae



And just because I like to overdo it, here are a few more swatches...
'
Luna


Nova

Stellar

Big Bang




2 comments: