Friday, July 5, 2013

Bronze Summer Makeup Look

This entire summer I have been favoring a more bronzed, glowing look (how original for the summertime eh?) and I thought I would share this look that I have been loving with all of you!

I started out with the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation, which does give you a dewy finish, so if you are oily just make sure to powder afterwards.  The foundation itself isn't as long wearing as some of my other foundations but it is a gorgeous product nonetheless.

Under my eyes I used the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque which has been a staple in my makeup bag since December.  What did I ever do before I discovered this product?! As someone who is a bit of an insomniac, this salmon-toned concealer is essential for masking those pesky dark under-eye circles since it cancels out the blue/purple tones.  I then added just a little more brightness with MAC's Prep and Prime Highlighter in Light Boost.  This product is a soft, pale yellow and is especially handy when creating a really full-on contoured/highlighted look a la Kim Kardashian.

For the eyes, I kept it relatively simple by using MAC's Paint Pot in Indianwood (quite similar to the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze) with the MAC Eyeshadow Woodwinked on top of it.  I chose to use Woodwinked for this look because it is one of those shadows that, once you begin blending it, turns into a completely different shade -- giving the illusion that you spent much more time on your eyeshadow than your schedule allows.

Since this is a more glowy look, I highlighted under my brow bone with MAC's Shroom and used MAC's Nylon on the inner corner of my eyes.  I followed these products with heaps of Maybelline's The Falsies Flared Mascara and lined my inner rim with another holy grail product of mine: the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Pencil in Nude.  This makes a HUGE difference and really helps open up the eyes (another life-saver when you are a night owl like myself).

For the cheeks, I used the Chanel Soleil de Tan Bronze Universal cream bronzer to add more warmth to the face and fake that sun-kissed summer glow that we all want, followed by a bit of contouring using Benefit's Hoola Bronzer.  On my cheeks I am wearing MAC's Peaches Blush and NARS Albatross as a highlight on the tops of the cheekbones.

For the lips I decided to go with a peachy nude, Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight, followed by a touch of MAC's Sushi Kiss (LE) Lipstick.

Hope you all enjoy this tutorial! Have a lovely weekend!

xo Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment