Friday, July 26, 2013

My Friday Face


One of my favorite things about having a slightly obsessive amount of makeup is the chance to go shopping in my own vanity drawer every morning.  Now, as a full-time college student, I don't always have the luxury of taking my time to carefully select products -- so when I do get the chance, I cherish it.  I decided to treat myself today and indulge in a little makeup therapy, and here is what I came up with...

I wanted to have a more dewy, radiant complexion today so I started out with the L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer, which I have been LOVING recently.  It gives my skin a healthy glow without looking glittery or over-the-top.

For foundation, I used the Make Up Forever HD Foundation with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush.  This foundation looks so incredible when you really take the time to blend it into your skin, and the lasting power is pretty good considering there are no "long-lasting" claims.

Luckily I only had to use my Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque today because instead of the usual 3-4 hours of sleep I was able to grab a decent 6 hours!  It really is incredible the difference a few hours of sleep can make when it comes to dark under-eye circles.  If you are normally sleep-deprived like I am, however, this corrector is a lifesaver.  The pinky or peachy tones of the product (depending on which shade suits your skin) cancel out any blue/purple tones under your eyes.

For my cheeks I used the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel to add a bit of warmth and definition, NARS Orgasm Blush on the apples of my cheeks for that perfect peachy-pink glow, and the NARS Multiple in Copacabana as a highlight on the tops of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, on the brow bone and in the inner corners of my eyes.  I have been neglecting my NARS multiple for a few months now, and after today I cannot figure out why!  I rub my finger on the product and dab it lightly in the places where I want to highlight and it creates the most radiant, but still very natural, glow to your skin.  Sometimes I find that highlighters can go a bit too far with the shimmer, but this highlighter has the most beautiful sheen.

I wanted to keep my eyes relatively simple, while still adding a bit of depth and a wash of color.  I chose to use MAC Soft Brown eyeshadow in my crease with a fluffy blending brush to define my eyes a bit more, and MAC Patina eyeshadow blended softly over the lid.  I then used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Eye Kohl in Nude on my bottom waterline to open up my eyes a bit more and brighten up my face.  After a quick eyelash curl, I piled on my go-to volumizing mascara - the Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara.  For anyone who is not familiar with this mascara already, RUN to your nearest Walgreens and pick one up!  I actually find myself choosing this $2.99 mascara over some of the $25-$30 mascaras that I own because it doesn't flake, doesn't smudge under my eyes (huge pet peeve of mine!), and is extremely black.  Then, to finish off my eye look, I grabbed my favorite quick brow product, the Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in the shade Chestnut.  The price is a bit ghastly ($42.00 eek!) but, in my opinion, COMPLETELY worth the splurge if you are in the market for a high end brow pencil.  The brow product itself is more of a waxy texture, so even on really hot days, the product doesn't budge.  On top of which, it is extremely easy to apply and comes with a little spool at the opposite end of the pencil to brush through your brows.

To complete my look, I dabbed on a bit of the Korres Lip Butter in Quince.  These lip butters are incredibly creamy and hydrating, with a really nice tint to them -- a quick, no hassle lip product that gives your lips that perfect bee-stung color.

I hope you guys enjoyed jumping into my brain for a few minutes and following my thought process behind today's makeup.  Let me know if you guys have tried any of these products, or if you have any suggestions for products I should investigate in the future!  Have a lovely weekend!

x Taylor


3 comments:

  1. i love the korres lipbutters! i have the lipglaze in jasmine and i'm trying to hold back from buying more (fyi the side bar on your blog seems to be over lapping with the content.)

    www.abeautifulzen.blogspot.ca
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't tried the lipglazes yet! I'll have to check those out.. and yeah i fixed it! the picture was just a little too big.. thanks!

      Delete
  2. Super curious about the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel. That's a massive container, definitely not portable but if it stays on all day, no need to lug it around, right? How do you like it?

    ReplyDelete